In follow up to a friend’s recent blogpost “Bored Java Dev looking for Open Source project” I’m also looking for an open source project to contribute to. I’m not that much of a developer but I’d like to get more familiar with Linux distribution packaging. I have basic experience creating
Gentoo ebuilds, Debian DEB and CentOS RPM packages, but I want to learn and to get more involved.
Anyone with a promising new open source project feel free to send me a request at
tom [at] penumbra.be. I do however have some prerequisites:
- Free and Open Source Software only, no exceptions
- Non-commercial projects only
- Preferably not limited to one (Linux) distribution
- No Qt (KDE) applications due to personal preferences
What I can offer:
- Spare time
- Build farm on x86, x86-64 and UltraSparc64
What I can’t offer:
- Anything that would conflict my current employer.